Understanding Composable Commerce for Salesforce B2C Commerce
Written by Poonam Chandersy
Technical Content Writer
September 5, 2023
The Salesforce Composable Commerce offers flexible and scalable commerce experiences that empower businesses to adapt and thrive in a dynamic digital landscape. Businesses can harness the power of modular, headless architecture and drive innovation in delivering exceptional customer experiences. Composable Commerce has brought a paradigm shift in how businesses design their eCommerce solutions. It decouples the frontend customer experience layer from the backend commerce functionality through APIs. Read this blog to learn about Salesforce Composable Commerce and how it offers unprecedented flexibility and agility.
Characteristics of Composable Commerce Solutions
Composable commerce solutions follow a modular approach, allowing businesses to choose from native or third-party best-of-breed functionality. They have a headless architecture, separating the frontend customer experience layer from the backend commerce functionality using APIs.
The frontend layer is the focal point of a composable commerce solution, delivering personalized experiences across various channels. These solutions offer the freedom to select and integrate specific features and capabilities that align with unique business requirements.
Composable Commerce solutions provide access to best-of-breed functionality from various sources, empowering businesses to leverage specialized tools and services. The modular and flexible nature supports personalized experiences, adapting to changing customer expectations, and business growth.
Benefits of Composable Commerce Solutions
- Fast user experience and smooth app-like browsing to enhance conversions and increase average order value.
- Achieve faster time to value with pre-packaged integrations, pricing, and accelerators offered by best-of-breed partners.
- Decrease the total cost of ownership (TCO) as the storefront is included, eliminating additional licensing or hosting fees.
- Take control of your brand experience with an open, extensible, and customizable storefront, allowing you to tailor the customer journey to your unique needs.
Salesforce Composable Commerce Ecosystem
- Rely on a Trusted Partner: Salesforce Composable Commerce ecosystem provides a hosted platform as a single escalation point. This ensures that a reliable partner takes ownership of performance, security, and scalability, allowing you to focus on your core business.
- Control Costs: With Salesforce Composable Commerce, you get transparent pricing upfront. This prevents unexpected expenses related to implementations and third-party integrations.
- Launch on Time: The pre-built implementation accelerators offer ready-to-use tools and frameworks to streamline the implementation process, ensuring quick time-to-market.
- Reduce Technical Debt: By minimizing customizations, you can maximize agility and flexibility, adapt quickly to changing market demands, and maintain a scalable commerce solution.
Features of Salesforce Composable Commerce
Page Designer for Composable Storefront
Offers OOTB integration and React utilities for the headless page editor and helps design pages quickly with creative freedom.
Salesforce Commerce APIs
Salesforce Commerce Cloud provides a comprehensive list of commerce APIs, shopping and data APIs, developer efficiency APIs, CDN, and content APIs to streamline all processes and ensure smooth headless implementation.
Social Channels for Commerce
Reach your customers on social channels by leveraging Salesforce Commerce Cloud’s integrations with popular platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok for Business Ads Manager. Also, you can track new audiences through integrations with additional channels such as Target, eBay, Walmart, and Amazon, leveraging aggregators to streamline the selling process.
Salesforce Commerce and TikTok
The Salesforce Commerce and TikTok integration allow businesses to automate merchandiser productivity by using intelligent product feeds within the rich in-app experience of TikTok. This enables seamless product discovery and enhances the shopping experience for users.
Secure, User Identity-Led Access to Commerce APIs
United with any 3rd party identity provider with Salesforce B2C Commerce, allowing shoppers to conveniently log in using popular platforms such as Facebook, Google, AuthO, Ping, and more. Also, it implements standard OAuth Auth code flows for registered and guest users to ensure secure shopper logins.
Omnichannel Inventory Service
Salesforce B2C Commerce offers flexibility and centralization by serving as a “hub” for inventory availability across all fulfillment channels. Businesses can easily add or remove locations from the active inventory storefront count, ensuring accurate inventory management and seamless order fulfillment.
Businesses can provide data-driven recommendations to their customers. The platform empowers businesses to display relevant product recommendations and customize how algorithms work to align with their specific needs and goals. This ensures customers receive personalized and relevant recommendations, enhancing their shopping experience.
With a hosted platform, cost control measures, and implementation accelerators, Salesforce Composable Commerce empowers businesses to achieve their commerce goals efficiently and effectively. Royal Cyber is a trusted partner allowing enterprises to unlock the full potential of their commerce solutions. We’ll help you navigate the complexities of composable commerce, delivering exceptional customer experiences and driving sustainable growth.