IBM Rational HATS fully supports Service Oriented Architecture to develop and consume Web Services that can be used to get the data back and forth, from and to the Green Screen Applications. Learn how the platform independent Web Services, can be initiated and consumed within IBM Rational HATS. The webinar also includes a technical demonstration of Web Service implementation and a Case Study of SOA enablement for IBM iSeries Green Screen Applications using HATS, primarily through Web Services that improved the organization's efficiency by 85%*.
*IBM Case Study
Anticipated audience of the course includes but not limited to the following:
- Developers (not necessarily HATS Developers)
- Technical Leads
- Organizations' (using Green Screen Applications) Representatives
Maximum effort is made to keep the Webinar as simple as possible for everyone to understand. However, some IT background, knowhow of web applications and understanding of terms like Web Services, Architecture is necessary to understand the concepts and ideas being presented.
|Tuesday 5th May 2015||11:00 AM EDT, 10:00AM CDT||60 Minutes|
Webinar Topics & Details
The webinar will discuss the following:
- Overview of IBM Rational HATS
- Overview of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Overview and types of Web Services
- Web Services Scenarios:
- Data Collection/Extraction from Host
- Data Insertion to Host
- 3rd party Web Service Consumption in HATS to:
- Present it on Web
- Use it as inputs for host application
- SOA enablement for IBM iSeries Green Screen Applications using HATS - A Case Study
- Technical Demonstration: Web Service implementation in HATS
Manager of Education, RDz Certified Technical Enablement Lead
Chris is an RDz certified (taken through and registered by IBM) Technical Education specialist, having delivered thousands of courses on Rational brand products to a wide range of industries, including healthcare, insurance, government, financial, and retail.
Specialties: Rational Developer for System z, Rational Asset Analyzer, Rational Host Access Transformation Services, Rational Team Concert, RDz with CA Endevor, RDz with Serena Changeman, mainframe z/OS technologies.