Developing Multichannel Applications with IBM Web Experience Factory 8.5
In this course, you will learn to create and assemble multichannel applications easily and rapidly by using Web Experience Factory, formerly known as WebSphere Portlet Factory.
Instructor Led Training
About this course
This course is designed to develop multichannel applications with IBM Web Experience Factory. IBM Web Experience Factory supercharges application development with tools and technology for creating, customizing, deploying, and maintaining portlets, widgets, and web and rich clients. On day 1 of the course, students are introduced to Web Experience Factory through an overview of developing multichannel applications for desktop browsers, smartphones, and tablets, and then begin by using Web Experience Factory to create a simple application. More in-depth, hands-on experience is offered on Day 2 of the course, during which students create a simple, data-driven application, and a desktop application. On Day 3, mobile and multichannel enhancements are explored through discussion and hands-on activities.
Who should take it?
The target audience for this intermediate course is web developers from various backgrounds, such as Java™; Java Platform, Enterprise Edition; and Microsoft .NET.
You must be proficient in developing web-based applications in any programming language. An intermediate knowledge of WebSphere Portal and Java/Java Platform, Enterprise Edition is also required.
- Overview of Web Experience Factory and multichannel applications
- Getting started with Web Experience Factory
- Exercise: Hello World!
- Creating a simple, data-driven application
- Exercise: Creating a simple, data-driven application
- Implementing application patterns
- Exercise: Creating an application for pattern-based development
- Creating a desktop application
- Exercise: Creating a desktop application
- Controlling and customizing the user interface
- Exercise: Customizing theme of a desktop application
- Accessing and transforming data
- Exercise: Creating a customized theme for the desktop application
- Adding mobile capabilities to an application
- Exercise: Enabling mobile features
- Adding multichannel behavior to your application
Request for more information
Essentials of IBM UrbanCode Deploy
Instructor Led| 8 hrs
Java language Training
Instructor Led | 16 hrs
IBM WebSphere Commerce Server Administration Introduction for Version 7 FEP 8
Web-Based | 1 hr