Configuration Management with IBM® Rational® ClearCase® UCM, V7.0 is a two-day, instructor-led course designed to teach configuration managers how to implement ClearCase UCM effectively in their development environment (Windows or Unix/Linux).
This course introduces participants to the discipline of software configuration management (SCM) using a unified change management approach (UCM) and discusses the attributes of effective SCM. Participants learn what information is critical to include in a configuration management plan. They practice creating and implementing a usage model based on a simulated software development project. The usage model includes details about organizing project artifacts, streaming strategies, and project process and policies.
Below is the two days course outline of our trainings:
|Course Name:||Configuration Management with IBM Rational ClearCase UCM, V7.0 (I)|
This course is intended for the following audience:
- Configuration managers
To benefit from this course, students should have the following skills or experience:
One of the following Instructor-led courses:
- SCM275 Essentials of IBM Rational ClearCase UCM for Windows (RS521)
- SCM276 Essentials of IBM Rational ClearCase UCM for UNIX (RS531)
- At least six months on-the-job ClearCase experience
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define software configuration management and list the attributes of an effective software configuration management system.
- Explain the purpose and describe the contents of a configuration management plan.
- Complete a ClearCase UCM usage model.
- Implement a ClearCase UCM usage model by: Setting up project artifacts, Creating UCM projects that implement a streaming strategy, Implementing project process and policies through ClearCase and IBM® Rational® ClearQuest®
This course covers the following topics:
- Software Configuration Management Overview
- Planning Components, VOBs, and Naming Conventions
- Stream Strategy and Views
- Baselines and Project Policies
- Change Request Process Model
- Setting Up a UCM Project
- Project Maintenance and policy enforcement using triggers
- Monitoring Project Status using ClearQuest and ClearCase Report Builder/Viewer
- Building and Recommending Baselines
- Build Management with ClearCase
- Managing Multiple Projects in UCM