Migrate to IBM Watson Commerce v9
IBM has announced that they will discontinue v7 support in April, 2019. Customers on v7, therefore, need to think about a migration project.
IBM Watson Commerce v9 has been released that gives organizations greater agility and flexibility to speedily innovate and to quickly adjust their go-to-market strategies and transform how they engage customers across channels. A lot of significant architectural changes bring the platform into a new era.
What’s New in WCS v9?
Driving Better Scale with Less Overhead
Makes it Easy to Create, Deploy and Run Applications
Delivers Faster Innovation
Modern Technology Accelerates Innovation and Improves Performance
Support for Headless Architectures
CMS is decoupled from the ecommerce system
No need to customize the core product (transactional servers)
Deeper Integration with IBM’s Ecosystem of Applications
Such as IBM WCH and IBM Watson Commerce Insights
A Comprehensive Framework to IBM WCS v9 Migration
- How easy/difficult is this migration?
- Is there sufficient time before v7 supports goes off?
- Is there a rapid way to migrate, since it is more of a re-implementation instead of a straight migration?
- How can the client benefit all the new features as part of the migration?
As per Industry Standards, Migration is defined as three distinct activities. However, the reality is that a single migration may include all three concepts!
Why consider “Migration” right now?
What all “Migration” options do we have for
IBM WCS v9?
Lift & Shift (Move, Upgrade) – IBM WCS v9 Migration
This is appropriate for customers who:
- Are not sure about when they should migrate but are worried about IBM support for v7 ending in April 2017.
- Are not sure if they want to move to the cloud and need more time to evaluate different options (feel free to reach out to me for a quick discussion).
- Are not aware of what v9 platform has to offer in detail and need time planning how they can take full advantage of all the new stuff.
- Want to quickly upgrade their platform to the latest version, and then gradually move their customization in a phased manner taking advantage of new features available on v9.
- Would take anywhere from 03 – 06 Months for implementation.
Re-Implementation (Move, Migrate, Upgrade)
This is suitable for customers who:
- Want better, faster UI experience for their Desktop/Mobile/Tablet customers, thereby making use of the NEW jQuery Storefront in v9 which takes fluidity, responsiveness and better load handling capability across all the devices. Want to see a jQuery Store in action? Please ask me.
- Want to implement and automate the build, deploy, testing processes (all of this can SAVE a client anywhere between $10K – $30K per month) using the available CI/CD pipeline. Feel free to reach out for a demo.
- Want to take advantage of the new XC architecture. Moving all enhancement to xC container would mean that customers do not have to plan any other migration in the future. How? Feel free to reach out to me.
- It takes around 09 – 12 Months for implementation.
How much will this Migration/Re-Implementation cost (time, money)?
We arrange a Three-Week IBM WCS v9 Migration assessment and the deliverables include:
- Fit-Gap Analysis: Royal Cyber Team (comprising of a Project Manager, Commerce Architect, Database Architect, WCS Developer with XC Experience) will sit with your stakeholders to go through your current solution and flag what “fits” and where the “gap” is! This document is made keeping in mind what new features are available OOTB, what is discontinued/deprecated, which customizations can be replaced with Royal Cyber “Widgets” (comes with RC Support) etc.
- High-Level Migration Project Plan: High-Level Plan to give an accurate picture of how much time and the cost will be involved in the complete migration (a phased approach).
Royal Cyber Webcast
Migrate to Watson Commerce v9
An introduction to Best Practices for migration to IBM Watson Commerce v9. This webcast highlights the new features and benefits of IBM Watson Commerce v9 and the importance of migration to remain competitive.
You will learn about:
- Why Move to Watson Commerce v9?
- Features/Benefits of IBM Watson Commerce v9
- Best Practices for migration to IBM Watson Commerce v9
Let’s Discuss How We Can Help You.
Since 15+ years Royal Cyber has been assisting many customers to achieve success in the E-commerce domain. Our experience and innovation enable us to be your technology partner, guiding and working with you on your roadmap. We are technology agnostic and a global corporation with offices in 9 countries.
Limited Special Offer: A complimentary, no-obligation consultation to help you upgrade fast and effectively.
About Royal Cyber
Royal Cyber commenced its operations in year 2002 as a specialized Technology provider, headquartered out of Naperville, IL and further striding in as a software deployment service provider by partnering with IBM as a Business Authorized trainer and Microsoft Certified Gold Partner. Today we stand tall as a One Stop Shop for all your IT needs.