Explore IBM’s Host Access Transformation Services, a technology that quickly transforms your 3270 and 5250 green screen applications in to modern; Web, Portlet, Rich Client or Mobile device user interfaces - and can extend 3270, 5250, and VT green screens as standard Web Services.
This training course provides an introduction to the foundation HATS tooling. In it you will learn how to create Web Applications that provide easy-to-use graphical user interfaces (GUIs) for your 5250 applications on IBM mainframes.
5 days with 1 session each day, each being 2 hours in duration
Note: All workshops are in English only (unless otherwise noted in the announcement).
The instructor-led HATS Distance Learning course provides an opportunity for you to learn HATS; through e-conference presentations (webinars) and by completing an extensive set of hands-on labs. Each day, the instructor will present technical content that demonstrates specific development techniques, including how to use IBM's RAD product for development, using the HATS Toolkit.
After the Web seminars, you will be given exercises focused on topics that were discussed in that day’s modules. Class times and contact information are listed when you select a location and register for a session.
The workshops and hands-on lab exercises associated with the daily Web seminars will take between 2 to 3 hours a day to complete. An instructor will be available for questions during that time. After completing the workshops, you will be ready to start building basic applications in HATS for initial projects and pilots in your shop.
- IBM Installation Manager(220.127.116.11) http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27025142#Version%201.6
- IBM HATS (9.x) http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24035040#DNLD
- WebSphere Application Server http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/en/appserv-was/
- IBM Rational Application Developer (for WebSphere Software V9.0) http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/r/rad/
- HATS Overview
- Getting Started – Using HATS IDE/RAD
- Themes, CSS and Default Rendering in HATS
- HATS Global Rules
- Screen Customization & Transformation
- HATS Macros & Visual Macro Editor (VME)
- Screen Combinations
- Global Variables
- Custom Widgets in HATS
- Using Java Script & DOJO in HATS
Each topic has a corresponding workshop.