IBM® Rational® Quality Manager
is a collaborative, web-based tool that offers robust test planning, test cases construction, and all test artifact management functions throughout the SDLC. Rational Quality Manager
is designed as a full replacement for IBM Rational Manual Tester
, IBM Rational ClearQuest®
Test Manager, and Rational TestManager.
In CLM, all Rational Quality Manager artifacts are managed in
Quality Management (QM) application. This application collaborates with the Requirements Management (RM) and Change and Configuration Management (CCM) applications. In this way, the quality management artifacts can be collaborated with requirements and change requests.
With RQM, Quality and Requirements go hand in hand!
RQM – One answer to all Software Testing needs
1. All test artifacts in one place. Always up-to-date.
- Define business and test objectives very effectively.
- You can use the test case design and construction features to define the overall design for each test case.
- Associate every requirement with possible test cases.
- Not a single requirement will be skipped from testing.
All artifacts, be it a test case, test scripts or test plans, can be linked to the requirements and development items to enable full traceability.
2. Work as one team – all members will be on one page!
You can involve the entire team having business analysts, architects and developers as well as testers in the testing and quality processes, by means of reviews and approvals. Collaboration between the developers and the testers can be improved through transparency and in-context discussion.
3. Track progress in real-time, adjust and meet your goals.
Test plans are live documents that provide real-time status, for example in terms of test case execution.
4. Develop and run test scripts quickly – Manual testing goes Automated!
Rational Quality Manager can accelerate manual testing using rich text, and well managed data entry and validation for precise test definition and execution.
5. Browse a CSV – Test Data creation is THAT SIMPLE!
Test steps can be re used across multiple scripts through keywords hence reducing chances of human error all due to assisted input data and comparison.
6. Never miss a bug unreported
7. Extended support for Automated Test Scripts
Record your test scripts in Rational Functional Tester and Rational Performance Tester and execute them from RQM thru adapters.
8. Comply with regulatory requirements – Ensures the right product is developing the Right Way.
Rational Quality Management can helps testing teams in process automation. You can define pre-conditions, follow-up actions, access permissions and other configuration options to help you meet your specific regulatory requirements.
9. Test your system in Test Labs. Manage your machines and virtual machines
Track all your lab resources in one place and make sure the required resources to execute your test plan are available. Request new configurations to be deployed and reserve critical resources ahead of time. Identify underutilized resources and high demand assets.
10. Discover available test lab resources and request new ones
Thanks to the Lab Management segment of Rational Quality Manager, you can configure the virtual test machines to have tests run on them.
11. Reporting with a purpose
12. Project and personal dashboards – All important things on fingertips!
13. Build the right tests with requirement driven testing – Powerful traceability never leaves a scenario untested
Rational Quality Manager integrates with requirement management tools such as Rational Requirements Composer or Rational DOORS, and support requirement driven testing. You can link your test plan to a collection of requirements streamlining the process of keeping test cases in sync with requirements as they evolve.
14. Find gaps thanks to life cycle traceability
With the help of powerful traceability between requirements, test cases and test results, you can quickly identify any gaps so that no requirements go out untested.
15. Requirement details at your finger tips
No more need to spend a great amount of time trying to find details about the requirements. Rational Quality Manager
gives you direct access to the requirement details through rich hover capabilities. And requirements are always one click away if you need to learn more or collaborate further with the business analyst who owns them.
RQM is Scalable!
We normally use tools/services from multiple vendors to capture and manage data across the entire software life cycle. The thing is, the lacking of common protocols across different resources makes it very difficult (any nearly impossible) for other tools to gain such access.
The Jazz architecture solves this problem by providing standard interfaces and methods to establish links with the tools built on widely varying technologies. Jazz covers the linked data methodology in the Open Services for Life cycle Collaboration (OSLC). By exposing data through OSLC-defined RESTful interfaces, any tool that supports RESTful APIs can be linked with Jazz based tools.
Linked data is the key architectural principle of OSLC, making it "the community and specifications for Linked Life cycle Data." -- from the Jazz Gurus.
The Jazz Technology provides the foundation for more or less every type of life cycle tools integration. Figure below illustrates the idea:
Unleash the power of RQM by integrating it with other IBM Rational Tools, enhancing its capabilities and possibilities.
The above presented content is taken from following sources: