TCIM – IBM Tivoli Compliance Insight Manager
Small and midsized organizations today face increasing pressure to accommodate a growing number of users, customers, employees and partners that require access to resources within and across the company. To maximize your time to value, these initiatives should be undertaken in a way that helps you minimize security risks and increase efficiencies while providing the responsiveness and control needed to comply with ever-expanding audit requirements
- How can I protect my enterprise and get a consolidated view of my enterprise wide assets, threats and vulnerabilities?
- How do I manage and monitor security operations in real time?
- How can I centralize and automate the process of Collecting and managing logs and interpreting for risks ?
- How can I effectively monitor privileged and trusted users accessing my internal systems to ensure that they are only accessing the proper information?
- How can I quickly audit and constantly assess how we’re doing relative to specific regulations?
- How do I report and ensure compliance to an increasing number of regulations?
What is TCIM?
Tivoli® Compliance Insight Manager Software provides a security overview with automated, enterprise-wide monitoring. An automated solution for monitoring, investigating and reporting on user activity across the enterprise, Tivoli Compliance Insight Manager can provide continuous, nonintrusive assurance and documentary evidence that your data and systems are being managed in accordance with company policies. It performs effective Privileged User Monitoring and Audit (PUMA) on databases, applications, servers, and mainframes. By translating captured native audit log information into an easily understandable format it supports the organization’s auditing needs.. Tivoli Compliance Insight Manager efficiently collects, stores, investigates and retrieves logs through automated log management.
Tivoli Compliance Insight Manager provides an easy-to-use security compliance dashboard that summa¬rizes billions of log files. Through this dashboard, you can quickly gain an overview of your security compliance details, understand user activities and security events in comparison to acceptable policies , and monitor privileged users and related security events.Through its patent-pending W7 meth¬odology, Tivoli Compliance Insight Manager translates native log data into easily understood language. A powerful combination, the W7 methodology and graphical dashboard can help you rapidly verify the seven W’s: Who, did What, When, Where, Where from, Where to and on what.
Feature & Benefits
- Automated audit reporting through a compliance dashboard and flexible report distribution
- Gain an understanding of your compliance posture to help ease the demands of preparing and responding to the increasing numbers of security audits and helping to improve your security stature.
- Privileged user monitoring and audit (PUMA) on databases, applications, servers and mainframes
- Provides a cost-effective, automated way to monitor, report and investigate privileged user behaviors to both protect key corporate applications and information assets and provide assurance to auditors and management that effective controls are in place.
- Translates captured native log data into easily understood language.
- Reduces reliance on over-burdened and costly platform-subject matter experts by delivering easily understood reporting to support auditors’ evidence requests and security managers’ investigatory needs
- Integration with IBM Tivoli Identity Manager, Tivoli Access Manager, and Tivoli Security Operations Manager
- Reduce the risks of access to sensitive systems and non-compliance with security policies and requirements. Improve incident response and policy compliance by allowing security personnel to investigate exceptions and take immediate action.
- Advanced report definition engine allow users to create custom compliance modules and reports
- Helps you to quickly and easily meet your organization’s specific reporting requirements, new compliance initiatives and ad-hoc report requests through an intuitive user interface.
- Efficiently collect, store, investigate and retrieve logs through automated log management capability.
- A scalable log collector helps ensure the reliable and verifiable collection of native logs from virtually any platform, including syslog and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) logs, and almost any security log type, including operating systems, databases and security devices