IBM Connections is social software for business that lets you access everyone in your professional network, including your colleagues, customers, and partners.
The latest capabilities in IBM Connections, such as Moderation, Ideation Blogs, and the Media Gallery, enable you to embrace networks of people who are engaged and to work in transparent and nimble ways to create business value.
- Faster task execution through quick access to information from an expanded professional network
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness of business processes using existing skills discovered through your professional network
- Confident decision making, knowing decisions were vetted by experts across the organization and reflect past experience
- Innovative products and services developed using the experiences and knowledge of communities of employees, partners, and customers
- Sustainable competitive advantage created by leveraging innovation from across your value chain and building stronger relationships
- Access to your social data while on the go.
- Access to people and information in your existing IBM solutions, including IBM Sametime®, IBM Lotus Notes®, IBM Lotus Quickr®, IBM Rational Team Concert™, IBM FileNet® Content Manager, and IBM Content Manager.
Home page: See what’s happening in your social network through a consolidated, customizable overview of it.
Blogs: Gather and prioritize community ideas, present your own ideas, and learn from others.
Communities: Exchange and share information with others through a web browser, IBM Sametime, or email software.
Social Everywhere: Connect to your social networks at anytime and from anywhere using a wide range of devices and applications.
Files: Post, share, and discover documents, presentations, images, and more.
Social: Stay current with updates from across your social network through the home page, microblogs, and tags.
Profiles: Find the people you need by searching across your organization using tags to identify expertise, current projects, and responsibilities.
Wikis: Create web content together, edit, and publish it in a convenient location with access that you manage.
Social Analytics: Work with people who share common interests and expertise and expand your social network with widgets.
Activities: Organize your work, plan your next steps, tap your professional network, and gather information to meet business objectives.
Bookmarks: Save, share, and discover bookmarks through this social bookmarking service.
Forums: Exchange ideas with, and benefit from the expertise of others.
View features an